Saturday, February 11, 2012

In the beginning... there was an idiot.

Introduction to IdiotDad Standards:

Hello to all who decide to visit this Blog. I'm IdiotDad sometimes referred to as Mark or ID.

I decided to start this Blog because I know there are a lot of parents out there who would love to give cooking a shot, but tend to shy away for a miriad of reasons. No "equipment", no training, no time, never cooked before, no good recipe's, etc. So I figured I start this Blog show step by step how it's done, with what, and what the finished product looks like. As the writer of this blog I promise:

I will always be devastatingly honest, even in the event of epic fail.
I will always tell you if I've prepared the item before, or if this is the first time.
I will provide as many tips and pics as I can think of.
I will always tell you where I got the recipe so you can find it at it's source.
If you request more detail I will do my best to provide it.

A little about myself as far as cooking. I am NOT professionally trained in ANY way. Not by restaurant, not by college. The ONLY training I've had has been my mom, Food Network, and my many attempts. Most people like my food when they try it. I have a very eclectic tongue, there are very few foods I do not enjoy (a blessing and a curse), and only a very select couple of foods I will not touch. My food heroes are Alton Brown, Paula Deen, Gordon Ramsey, Emeril Lagasse, and my grandmother. I've cooked with quite a few methods including frying, pan frying, baking, grilling, broiling, and slow roasting. I also have dabbled with candy making including pralines, suckers, caramel, chocolate projects, and home made marshmallows.

To say cooking is a passion for me would be accurate, though I do not get to do it as much as I'd like. I hope this Blog will inspire, entertain, and educate anyone who hopes to take up "the way of the spatula". I hope people of all sorts get involved in this with me from parents, to singles in big cities, to bored grandma's and grandpa's on the farm. If you have ideas or recipes you'd like me to try feel free to submit them and I might just make that the next post! I'll do as many projects and post as often as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment